Monday 13 October 2008

An open letter to John Cummings MP

Dear Mr Cummings,

I am writing to ask you for your support in trying to get the government to compensate all the people who were robbed of half the Equitable life pensions they had worked for.

The ombudsman's report recommended that the government should give compensation after 4 years of investigating the reasons for the losses.

I am 79 years of age and living on the totally inadequate state pension and the pittance left of Equitable life pension.

I am from a family of lifelong labour supporters my father being a miner and mother a labour Seaham councillor.

I thought a labour government would look after our welfare but they have also robbed me of the few Northern rock shares that I had.

Where will it all end?

Are they just waiting for us all to die and the problem would go away?

I appeal to you for your help and support.

Yours faithfully,

A constituent in Peterlee, Co. Durham

If you'd like to email John Cummings MP click HERE

No comments: